Lakewood Medical Malpractice
The Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus (formerly the Kimball Medical Center) is one of the main medical facilities in the township of Lakewood, New Jersey. According to U.S. News and World Report, this hospital serves thousands of Lakewood residents each year. Despite the volume of patients seen, the doctors and other healthcare workers at Monmouth Medical Center Southern as well as those professionals who operate their own offices and care clinics are not immune from committing acts of malpractice that can devastate you and your family.
Not all errors in judgment will lead to a successful medical malpractice lawsuit, the severity of your injuries notwithstanding. However, where an injury or loss happens because your doctor or other healthcare professional acted in an objectively unreasonable way, you may be entitled to compensation for any expenses, losses, and/or injuries you endure.Types of Medical Malpractice in Lakewood
There are many ways in which a careless or reckless healthcare professional could inflict injury on you, the patient. Some of these ways include:
- Making a misdiagnosis by diagnosing the patient with the wrong illness or condition or, worse, failing to make any diagnosis at all despite obvious signs and symptoms;
- Botched surgeries, including surgeries in which the wrong body part or organ is removed or operated upon;
- Anesthesia errors, such as using an anesthesia to which the patient is allergic or using too much anesthesia.
- Prescription errors, which can include prescribing a medication to which the doctor knows or should know the patient is allergic or prescribing a medicine that has a dangerous side effect or interaction with another medication the patient is already taking;
- Leaving medical devices inside the patient’s body after a surgery;
- Birth errors and mistakes that cause harm to the mother and/or child; and
- Other harmful acts of malpractice .
So long as a medical expert or person familiar with Lakewood’s medical standards and level of care provided can affirm under oath that you received patently-unreasonable and deficient care, you will likely be able to recover compensation from the doctor or other person responsible for your injuries.Call Your Lakewood Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one have been hurt or suffered any type of expense or loss as the result of careless behavior committed by your doctor, you may be able to recover financial damages for your harm. Call Aretsky Law Group, P.C. at 800-537-4154 to learn more about your legal rights and how they might be best exercised.