for your injuries.
Middletown Medical Malpractice
Medical errors are one of the leading causes of death in the United States. We trust our doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals to make sound decisions on our behalf and to keep our best interests in mind. Unfortunately, the negligent acts or omissions of many medical professionals cause injuries or death to patients every single year. At the Aretsky Law Group, P.C., our Middletown medical malpractice attorneys know how to pinpoint where malpractice occurred and hold medical professionals responsible for the harm they have caused.
Our attorneys are experienced in all types of medical malpractice, including:
- Emergency room mistakes
- Medication and pharmacy errors
- Surgical errors
- Birth injuries
- Anesthesiology errors
- Failure to diagnose a medical issue
To prevail in a medical malpractice claim, the victim must show:
- The medical professional owed a duty to the injured patient;
- This duty was breached by a negligent act or omission on behalf of the medical professional; and
- Due to this breach, the injured patient suffered damages.
Each of these three elements must be proven for a medical malpractice claim to proceed in the New Jersey court system. Without proof of one of the elements, the claim will fail and the injured patient will not be entitled to any damages.
Depending on the individual facts of the case, the damages in a medical malpractice claim may easily reach hundreds of thousands of dollars. Damages may include:
- Medical bills, including surgical bills, hospital bills, physical therapy bills, and other medical expenses
- Lost wages due to time missed from work
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- The cost of future medical care
- The cost of making alterations to one’s home, such as wheelchair ramps
- Funeral and burial expenses, if a death occurs
To obtain maximum compensation available under the law, it is necessary to have a skilled medical malpractice attorney on your side. These cases are complex and require extensive knowledge of both New Jersey laws and human anatomy and physiology.Schedule Your Consultation With our Attorneys Today
If you think that your injuries were caused by a medical professional, you should speak with an attorney as soon as possible. To schedule your consultation at our Middletown, N.J. meeting location by appointment only, call 800-537-4154 or email our office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.